Buying the right property is a lengthy and tiring process. Proper research and preparation is the key to a smoother process.
Firstly calculate what gain you will have from this property. You have to ask yourself these questions before starting to look at properties to buy.
Which area do i like?
• Is the price of the property in this area within my budget?
• Do I want it to be close to my work place?
• Do I want it to be close to my parents home?
• Do I want a quiet area or something in town?
• Do I want access to bus station/train/or metro?
• Do I want church, shops and schools for the children to be close?
• Do I want easy access to central and national roads?
You have to decide what is important
Before you even start looking for a property you have to make up your mind what kind of property you are looking for. Decide what your needs are, see the list below to help with your decision. Of course it is impossible to find a property exactly how you want it.
• How many rooms
• Age of the building
• How spacious it should be
• How much sunlight does it have
• How airy it is
• A House or an apartment
• How much garden/green
• Veranda size
• What floor (do you prefer something higher up)
• Storage space
• Garage or car port
• How many bathrooms
What you have to do:
• Put a deadline date for purchase
• Sum the buying price
• Research what loans are available on the market
• Fill out preliminary application for loan approval at the bank of your choice
• Calculate the how many monthly installments it will take you to pay back the loan.
• Calculate the amount that you are going to give as deposit
• Calculate the taxes to be paid
• Calculate your debt towards the land registry
• Calculate what you will owe to the lawyers and notarial
• Calculate what your renovations of the property will cost you
• Compare prices by sqm and not by the property
For most of us, buying a property is a life long investment. Even by making the slightest wrong choice, we will pay for this a very long time. In order for you not to make these mistakes, you have to put your trust into the hands of a Tampaki Properties professional agent who is in your area, with whom you can work closely and will understand your needs and will help you make the right choice. He is called a “Buyers Counselor” and he will search the whole area for something that is suitable for you.